Blogs > Eating It Up Locally!

Who wants to cook? Let’s go out to eat. See where News-Herald staff members dined and where they go to unwind in our area. You might just find a new treasure in your own neighborhood.

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Mocha Cookie Crumble Frappacino

The title of this blog and drink is probably enough for chocolate lovers to get the idea that they should pick one up soon.

But just in case, I'll make the recommendation that if you like all things chocolate, then this drink is for you.

The amazing chocolate beverage from Starbucks consists of coffee blended with mocha sauce, vanilla syrup "chocolaty chips," milk, ice and chocolate whipped cream. Not to mention the chocolate cookie crumbles on top.

Those chocolaty chips are pretty small, but do add a little extra when compared to a standard mocha frappacino.

For those who dream big, as I do, the largest size available, Venti, contains 650 calories when made with nonfat milk.

It does taste amazing and the chocolate whipped cream is really awesome.

I knew as soon as I saw these advertised that I should not drink one, given that an addiction was inevitable. And I was right.

These things are going to lead to my demise, but I'll enjoy them in the meantime.

Word to the wise, the chocolate crumbs on top are messy. More than likely they will brush off into your car or on the table. (If you want to get super complicated, have the crumbs put underneath the layer of whipped cream).

If you're feeling particularly adventurous, and don't mind an artificial-strawberry taste, have your barista add some strawberry syrup to the mix. Very good stuff.

Lastly, I have to make a note that the Starbucks right down the street from The News-Herald office (7681 Mentor Avenue) is one of the best I've been to.

Every time I've gone in there, the employees have been friendly and pleasant.

-- Caitlin
CFertal@News-Herald.com
@NHCaitlin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home