Blogs > Eating It Up Locally!

Who wants to cook? Let’s go out to eat. See where News-Herald staff members dined and where they go to unwind in our area. You might just find a new treasure in your own neighborhood.

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Pumpkin Spice ... Frappuccino?

After a recommendation from my colleague Caitlin Fertal, my Thursday afternoon coffee treat this week was a Pumpkin Spice Frappuccino. Yup, you read that right. Not the Pumpkin Spice Latte, but the Pumpkin Spice Frappuccino.

I love how Starbucks' Pumpkin Spice Latte really tastes like fall. But when the weather is as warm as it was today, I'm not ready for a hot cup of autumn spices. Fortunately, for days like today, you can get the famous fall drink as the blended Frappuccino. (By the way, that website has some fun time-wasters, like a remix soundboard and a drink builder.)

The Pumpkin Spice Frappuccino reminded me of the pumpkin-flavored ice cream we made in the fall at the ice cream place where I worked in high school. It was a good, refreshing taste of fall when I'm not quite ready to let go of summer.

-- Cheryl Sadler | CSadler@News-Herald.com | @nhcheryl

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home