Blogs > Eating It Up Locally!

Who wants to cook? Let’s go out to eat. See where News-Herald staff members dined and where they go to unwind in our area. You might just find a new treasure in your own neighborhood.

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Aladdin's Eatery

I got a recommendation via e-mail to check out Aladdin's Eatery, and when my boyfriend and I were shopping Saturday night in Mayfield Heights we got another recommendation from our cashier at Bed Bath & Beyond. I wasn't sure how I was going to feel about the Lebanese/American cuisine, but I was in the mood for something healthier than burgers and fries and thought it could be a good alternative.

We went to the Mayfield Village location, at the corner of SOM Center and Wilson Mills. I was instantly impressed with the friendly staff, beautiful decor and extensive menu. Any uncertainty I had about the food was squashed when I saw the restaurant had salads and what were essentially wraps made with pitas.

I ordered hummus off the appetizer menu and Taza Chicken Salad, while my boyfriend got some sort of dinner plate that included lamb and rice seasoned lightly with cinnamon. It was pretty difficult to narrow down what I wanted once I paged through the menu a few times, but I'm soooo happy with what I got. The food was so fresh and delicious, and it was filling enough that I took some of the salad home with me. We didn't finish the hummus, either, and our server boxed it up to take home -- with extra pita. (While not as good the second night, the leftovers really made me want to return to the restaurant.)

I've been raving about Aladdin's since eating there. Most people have said, "Oh, Middle Eastern? I don't think I'd like that." But there's really no need to be worried about what you would eat. The large menu has a variety of choices -- some more ethnic than others -- so if you like veggies or chicken or pita bread, you are sure to find something you'd like. Click here to view the menu.

Aladdin's has locations in Mayfield Village, Mentor, Bainbridge Township, Cleveland Heights and elsewhere throughout Ohio. In April, Janet Podolak mentioned the Mentor location in her weekly food column, which included the video below:



--Cheryl Sadler
CSadler@News-Herald.com

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home