Blogs > Eating It Up Locally!

Who wants to cook? Let’s go out to eat. See where News-Herald staff members dined and where they go to unwind in our area. You might just find a new treasure in your own neighborhood.

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Starbucks' Salted Caramel Mocha

I know it's the season for Pumpkin Spice Lattes, but I've recently been cheating on this fall favorite with Salted Caramel Mochas.

But, honestly, how can you choose between these two?

The Pumpkin Spice Latte:
Espresso, pumpkin-flavored syrup and steamed milk. Topped with sweetened whipped cream and pumpkin pie spices.

The Salted Caramel Mocha:
Espresso and steamed milk, blended with mocha sauce and toffee nut flavored syrup. Topped with sweetened whipped cream, caramel sauce and a mixture of turbinado sugar and sea salt.

Both hot drinks are the perfect afternoon pick-me-up on cool (and rainy!) days.

I've made a weekly ritual out of stopping by Starbucks on Saturday afternoons, and the Salted Caramel Mocha has pulled me away from my usual Pumpkin Spice Latte. I wish the drinks weren't so expensive and calorie-laden because the seasonal nature of the beverages means I'm limited in how many opportunities I'll have to drink them, and choosing which one to order is already difficult enough ...


-- Cheryl Sadler | CSadler@News-Herald.com | @nhcheryl

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home