Blogs > Eating It Up Locally!

Who wants to cook? Let’s go out to eat. See where News-Herald staff members dined and where they go to unwind in our area. You might just find a new treasure in your own neighborhood.

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Weber's Fresh Ice Cream and Custard

You're going to have to take a bit of a trip to the west side of town for this frozen treat, but Weber's Fresh Ice Cream and Custard is plenty worth it.

What we got

Dom

Let's be honest, I dragged Cheryl out there for one specific reason: Weber's has banana frozen custard. I haven't encountered an ice cream store with banana since my dad had one in Medina over 10 years ago. I knew what I wanted as soon as I walked in the door. Just like at Jeni's, I couldn't pass up anything strawberry. I packed the banana and strawberry frozen custards into a large waffle cone. The waffle cone was not baked all the way, making it a little doughy, which was phenomenal. As much as I wanted to resist, I had to buy some banana to bring home. Thankfully, my mom saw the word "banana" on the lid and said "gross."

Cheryl

I learned the best thing you can say when walking into a place like Weber's is this:
We've never been here before.
The incredibly friendly employees gave us sample after sample of frozen custard and yogurt to help us make our decision. I didn't even pay attention to the menu because I knew I was sampling the best stuff they had. I got a waffle cone with two classic flavors that longtime Clevelanders would love: the original Euclid Beach vanilla and the authentic Higbee's frosted malt. The frosted malt was coming out of the machine while we were there, so I got it fresh from the machine into my cone. Fresh ice cream is incredible - though it makes for slightly messy eating. Thank goodness their cones come with a plastic holder that I used as a bowl when my cone became too messy to eat with my hands. I got a container of frosted malt to take home because I knew it would be a while before I found a flavor like that again. Don't worry, East Siders: Weber's has paper freezer bags to put your ice cream in for a long trip (though you might want to bring a cooler if it's a really hot day or a fairly long drive). I'll definitely be back.

Weber's Fresh Ice Cream and Custard

20230 Lorain Road
Fairview Park, OH 44126
440-331-0004

View Larger Map


-- Cheryl Sadler | CSadler@News-Herald.com | @nhcheryl
and Dom Anselmo | DAnselmo@News-Herald.com | @domanselmo

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home