Blogs > Eating It Up Locally!

Who wants to cook? Let’s go out to eat. See where News-Herald staff members dined and where they go to unwind in our area. You might just find a new treasure in your own neighborhood.

Monday, April 25, 2011

Danny Boy's Pizza

On a recent visit to the west side of town, I tried Danny Boy's Pizza -- and I am incredibly glad the establishment has a location in Chester Township.

Just take a look at the menu and try to tell me that you don't want to eat at least half of the items listed.

I had a difficult time narrowing down what I wanted, but ended up going with the Big Lebowski sub -- seasoned hamburger, baked beans, barbecue sauce and cheddar baked together, topped with fries, pickles, onions and mustard. But I also got to sample my second choice, which my friend ordered: the Sinatra Special sub -- layers of shaved ham, turkey, pepperoni, pizza cheese, fresh lettuce, tomatoes and onions, finished with cool mayo and sweet 'n sour dressing. My sandwich was tasty, but his was even better.

The menu also includes an array of salads, melts, pizzas, calzones, foldovers, pasta, ribs and more. Danny Boy's seems like the perfect place to get some grub if no one in your group can decide on one specific cuisine.

And I'm not the only one who thinks the restaurant is good: Danny Boy's has won several area awards in the past 10 years, according to the Our Story page on the website.

Now that my mouth is watering again, I think it's time to plan my next trip to Danny Boy's.

Danny Boy's Pizza
DannyBoysPizza.com
Danny Boy's Chesterland on Facebook
440-729-3726
8389 Mayfield Road, Chester Township
Sunday through Thursday: 11 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Friday and Saturday: 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. (bar open late)


-- Cheryl Sadler | CSadler@News-Herald.com | @nhcheryl

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home