Blogs > Eating It Up Locally!

Who wants to cook? Let’s go out to eat. See where News-Herald staff members dined and where they go to unwind in our area. You might just find a new treasure in your own neighborhood.

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Zócalo Mexican Grill & Tequileria

Friday night I went to Zócalo Mexican Grill & Tequileria in the East 4th neighborhood downtown. It's Tuesday night and I am still thinking about the Blackberry Lime Margarita I had (well, both of the Blackberry Lime Margaritas I had).

The dining menu includes several especiales de casa (house specialties) that feature various sauces, rubs and spices. I actually wish I was more of a fish person because all of the seafood dishes sound fantastic. I had (and loved) the Enchilada Tinga Poblano, which is "Braised pork wrapped in corn tortillas then baked with spicy chipotle sauce, enchilada sauce and our specialty cheese blend. Garnished with crema fresca, chives and cotija cheese." Yes, it was as delicious as it sounds. It might be a little difficult for me to order anything else the next time I go there.

Don't leave Zócalo without perusing the drink menu, where you'll find tequila, tequila and more tequila (or, if you're like me, too many margaritas to choose from). Your server should be able to recommend the perfect drink if you can't decide.

If you have this year's Our Town and All-Around Dining Directory, you'll find a buy-one-get-one coupon to Zócalo inside.


-- Cheryl Sadler
CSadler@News-Herald.com

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home