Blogs > Eating It Up Locally!

Who wants to cook? Let’s go out to eat. See where News-Herald staff members dined and where they go to unwind in our area. You might just find a new treasure in your own neighborhood.

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Chick-fil-A's Spicy Chicken Biscuit

Chick-fil-A is adding a new item to its breakfast menu: the Spicy Chicken Biscuit. The restaurant ran a promotion this week that allowed those who signed up at www.getspicychicken.com to try the breakfast sandwich free before it officially appears on the menu Jan. 10. Copy editors Danielle Capriato and Cheryl Sadler tried it this week, and below are their reactions.



Cheryl: The Spicy Chicken Biscuit tastes exactly how it sounds. It's spicy. It's chicken. It's on a biscuit. It was a lot spicier than I expected it to be, but the milkiness of the biscuit countered that pretty nicely.

Danielle: Like Cheryl said, the sandwich is pretty self-explanatory. It's clear that they took the chicken from their popular Spicy Chicken Sandwich and just put it on a biscuit instead of a bun. You know, because a biscuit is just so much more breakfasty. Also as Cheryl said, it was a bit spicier than expected, but in a good way, I think. The spice factor isn't particularly overwhelming, but I think I was expecting a milder version simply because it's breakfast. Initial impressions? It could use some cheese, maybe, or a sauce of some sort. But I'm not sure how much that would enhance the whole experience. It might take away from the biscuit, which was creamy and good on it's own.

Cheryl: I didn't know before that Chick-fil-A even served breakfast, but now I might consider it an option if I am eating early on the go.

Danielle: I definitely didn't know that Chick-fil-A had a breakfast menu until Cheryl asked me if I'd try this new sandwich with her. Their breakfast options definitely intrigued me, and considering the quality of their food in general, I'd be interested in trying more.

Cheryl: The biscuit is the perfect pick for someone who likes Chick-fil-A's Spicy Chicken Sandwich and wants to have it in the morning. For me? Maybe not. I don't know if I want to eat something that spicy that early. And the nutritional data is not yet on Chick-fil-A's website, so I'm not sure yet if it's something I'd want to be consuming in the morning.

Danielle: I would not give the breakfast sandwich a bad review, but I agree with Cheryl that it's just not my thing. I would definitely suggest trying it when it launches. And I know I would like to go back to try more from their breakfast menu.

-- Danielle Capriato, DCapriato@News-Herald.com
and Cheryl Sadler, CSadler@News-Herald.com

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice great piece.

January 15, 2011 at 9:16 PM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home