Blogs > Eating It Up Locally!

Who wants to cook? Let’s go out to eat. See where News-Herald staff members dined and where they go to unwind in our area. You might just find a new treasure in your own neighborhood.

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Zoup! in Mentor open for business

Zoup! in Mentor officially opened for business today, but I got to try it yesterday during the soft opening.

4 Cheese Melt sandwich and Roasted Tomato Bisque

One thing I really liked about the restaurant is you can sample the soups — though that didn't exactly help me make my decision because I enjoyed every soup that I tried. I'm really looking forward to going back to get the Ginger Butternut Squash, which was fantastic. I love getting a good soup that isn't something I would make at home.

This place is going to be some competition for Panera, which is located at the other end of Points East Plaza. Both offer soup, sandwiches, salad and wi-fi. But, both have fairly different atmospheres. Zoup! is a place I will go for lunch and leave. Panera is a place I will go for lunch and hang out reading after I finish eating. Also, Panera has coffee and bakery treats. Zoup! will have the better soup selection (as it should). I don't think Zoup! will have much of an impact Panera's business, but it will give midday diners another option.

I'm looking forward to stopping at Zoup! when I take my lunch break at work.


-- Cheryl Sadler | CSadler@News-Herald.com | @nhcheryl

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home