Blogs > Eating It Up Locally!

Who wants to cook? Let’s go out to eat. See where News-Herald staff members dined and where they go to unwind in our area. You might just find a new treasure in your own neighborhood.

Monday, March 30, 2009

The perfect soup and a darn good salad

Sure, Max & Erma's is a great place to go to get a juicy burger, but don't count out the restaurant if you're in the mood for lighter fare.

This weekend I tried their Hula Bowl salad, which the menu calls "No Guilt." The description states the dish is "Mixed greens, pineapple-soy chicken, Mandarin oranges, fresh chunks of pineapple, tomatoes, carrots & crunchy noodles, with a fat-free honey mustard dressing."

I know what you're thinking: Fruit on a salad? With honey mustard dressing? I was thinking the same thing, but something about it appealed to me -- and boy, am I glad it did. In no time I was scraping the bottom of my bowl and wishing I had gotten the dinner size instead of the lunch portion.

Max & Erma's also has one of my most favorite foods, chicken tortilla soup. One bowl of the spicy, cheesy special recipe is hardly enough and always leaves me wanting more. In fact, I would love to have some right now.

Max & Erma's Restaurant Mentor
7890 Mentor Ave. (near Great Lakes Mall)
Mentor, OH 44060
440-205-9994

A coupon for Max & Erma's can be found in the "Our Town and All-Around Dining Directory." If you're interested in your own "Our Town and All-Around Dining Directory" coupon book, you can get one when your News-Herald subscription is set up for EZ Pay, which is the automatic deduction from your credit card every month. You can also order one online at Mwww.ourtownandallaround.com.

-- Cheryl Sadler
CSadler@News-Herald.com

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home