Blogs > Eating It Up Locally!

Who wants to cook? Let’s go out to eat. See where News-Herald staff members dined and where they go to unwind in our area. You might just find a new treasure in your own neighborhood.

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Thai for first-timers

If you're in the mood for some tasty Thai, I would recommend heading out to Cleveland Heights to dine at Lemon Grass. I had never had Thai before dining here, and now I would consider it my favorite special occasion restaurant.

The extensive menu has a variety of vegetarian, poultry, meat and seafood dishes. Even if you've never had Thai food before or don't know what to expect, you should be able to find something to suit your liking. If you have trouble deciding what you want, I have found that the knowledgeable, friendly staff can make recommendations based on your tastes. The kitchen also will take up or down the spiciness, depending on what you prefer.

During my first visit, I had the Lemon Grass Garden, which contains chicken and a variety of vegetables, served with peanut sauce. It was a great dish for a first-time Thai meal. Now my favorite is the Pad Thai (with medium-level spiciness). At my latest visit, my boyfriend ordered a seafood salad, which was that night's special. It came with a variety of seafood that I personally would not eat because that's not my taste, but he really enjoyed it (even the mushrooms, from which he normally steers clear).

I really love the romantic atmosphere of the restaurant, which includes a wide open dining room but tables that feel private. Although the menu is moderately priced, the food is worth it. And like I said, it is a great place to go for special occasions.

If you're not sure if it's worth the drive to Cleveland Heights through all the traffic on Cedar Road, I would recommend making a night of it. The restaurant is located next to the Cedar Lee Theatre.

Lemon Grass Restaurant
2179 Lee Road
Cleveland, OH 44118
216-321-0210

-- Cheryl Sadler

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home