Blogs > Eating It Up Locally!

Who wants to cook? Let’s go out to eat. See where News-Herald staff members dined and where they go to unwind in our area. You might just find a new treasure in your own neighborhood.

Monday, January 19, 2009

Never forget an 'old friend'

On Saturday night, I had a revelation destined for a refrigerator magnet: I don't feel like cooking.

I didn't have anything left to cook in the fridge, what was already cooked had been eaten as leftovers a couple times already, and I wanted more than a can of soup.

So, a restaurant it was. Apparently, I wasn't the only one who had this idea. Stops at two Willoughby restaurants boasting hour-long waits sent me scurrying to Chipotle, on Euclid Avenue.

A burrito bol (prepared without the tortilla that normally makes this an actual burrito), prepared with both pinto beans and black beans, allowed me to stay true to my Weight Watchers status. It can't be called a true "vegetarian" dish, however, because the pinto beans are prepared with ham.

It seemed like lots of area residents had the same solution to the crowded restaurant issue, as the line for service increased substantially after my arrival.

Don't forget Chipotle as a weekend dinner possibility. You can get healthy fare, even in a fast-food atmosphere, without the hassle of the date-night crowd.

-- Laura Kessel

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

How many WW points in the bol?

January 26, 2009 at 7:51 AM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home