Blogs > Eating It Up Locally!

Who wants to cook? Let’s go out to eat. See where News-Herald staff members dined and where they go to unwind in our area. You might just find a new treasure in your own neighborhood.

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

You can't go wrong with bar food

Saturday night's continuation of the drive to see all the Oscar-nominated films left me seeking something to eat before taking in "The Reader" at Regal Cinemas Willoughby 16 movie theater near Target.

Since it was nearby, and early enough, I decided Panini's on Euclid Avenue in Willoughby was worth a shot. The parking lot was pretty full, but the tables were easily accessible for an early dinner.

My favorite item on Panini's menu is the soft pretzel appetizer. Hardly diet-friendly with three dips that include a cheesy artichoke, but I'm a sucker for a good soft pretzel.

My dinner is always the same -- a fancy version of the little-kid favorite grilled cheese sandwich. It comes on Texas toast with bacon, lettuce and tomato. I add a little mustard, mostly because I like mustard on pretty much everything. I also always order a dozen spicy BBQ boneless wings. I took home about half for lunch the next day. They were spicy enough for me to remember I hadn't ordered standard BBQ. They weren't spicy enough to make me cry, which is just as important.

Panini's food is reliable, tasty and served relatively quickly, getting me to the theater in time to see a movie I didn't know had quite that much sex. Wow. But that's for another blog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home