Blogs > Eating It Up Locally!

Who wants to cook? Let’s go out to eat. See where News-Herald staff members dined and where they go to unwind in our area. You might just find a new treasure in your own neighborhood.

Monday, April 13, 2009

Warm weather? Try cold coffee!

I love frozen coffee drinks much more than that hot black stuff. I was pretty excited to see that Panera is offering a Frozen Caramel coffee drink. (Warning: That link contains nutrition facts you might not want to see.) The caramel is not nearly as sweet as the frozen mocha I have tried there before, so I got more of the coffee taste that I like, but it still had the flavor that I need to enjoy it. At $3.59, the beverage is a little pricey (what isn't these days?), but it was super refreshing and the right afternoon pick-me-up I needed.

My standby for a frozen coffee splurge is the Java Chip Frappuccino from Starbucks, though I also like the caramel and mocha varieties. If you dare, you can see nutrition facts for all of their concoctions. I say "splurge" because it's not possible to get one of those frozen cappuccinos for less than $3.

Unfortunately, my favorite frozen coffee cannot be found in this area of the state. But if you are ever in Columbus, you should give Tim Hortons' Iced Cappuccino a try. You might want to order the large, or you'll spend the rest of the day wishing you did.

If anyone has suggestions for other frozen or cold coffee I should try, leave a comment!

-- Cheryl Sadler
CSadler@News-Herald.com

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

For a frozen caramel drink that tastes just like the one at Panera Bread, check out the recipe at http://www.frozencaramel.com

July 6, 2009 at 9:48 PM 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Check out The Best Frozen Caramel Latte recipe on the web!

July 6, 2009 at 9:52 PM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home